Advantages of Egyptian Cotton fabric
- It is porous fabric and so breathable.
- Does not swell with moisture so remains breathable.
- It is stain resilient.
- It lasts longer because it is stronger than normal cotton.
- It is finer, stronger, and smoother than normal cotton.
- It has a more luxurious finish (known as a hand) because of these longest Fibre Staples.
- It is not prone to pilling.
All these advantages make Egyptian Cotton unique and something that the body quickly gets spoilt with, because your body breathes when you sleep. And nothing is as breathable, even if you perspire, as Egyptian Cotton and is the key reason you will always want to sleep on Egyptian Cotton after only a few nights of enjoying it’s unique qualities.
Are Egyptian Cotton Sheets Better Than Other Cotton Sheets? ...
Egyptian cotton Fibre Staples are considered by many to be the best because of their length, strength, and softness. The longer and much thinner Fibre Staple of the unique Egyptian Cotton means a stronger fabric and the ability to create a high thread count and yet light-weight fabric.
Genuine Egyptian cotton is a unique type of cotton and it is only grown in the Nile Delta in Egypt because only this moderate climate and the fertile soils (because of it has billions of years of deposits from the White and Blue Nile rich sedimentation) which gives Egypt’s Nile delta the distinct advantage over every other place in the world.
Growing conditions in the Nile Delta are so perfect that the cotton has evolved to a longer, much stronger, and finer Fibre Staple, this great asset makes the Fibre Staple thinner than other kinds of cotton, in turn results in a more sumptuous, and higher thread count cotton products. Egyptian cotton bolls are still delicately handpicked to this day so that they retain their soft quality.
Egyptian cotton products might cost a bit more than, say, your standard cotton duvet cover, but the quality you’ll receive in return is fantastic.
As well as being incredibly durable and gloriously soft, Egyptian cotton bed linen is less likely to produce lint or pilling, becomes softer with age and washing and is much, much lighter than short Fibre Staple cottons. This means it’s refreshingly breathable during hot summer months and – with thread counts coming in above the 300-thread count it is so cozy for you during the winter too.
Egyptian cotton bedlinen benefits homeowners too. Added advantages include but not limited to easy cleaning, coloured sheets made from Egyptian cotton will maintain their vibrancy when cleaned and not leave your Bedlinen looking washed out.
Most luxury Boutique Hotels, Guest Lodges, Hotels, Game Lodges, B&Bs and even Air BnBs are choosing Egyptian Cotton for all their Bedlinen, Towels, and clothes as there is a distinct difference that is easily felt after just a few nights of sleeping in these places. It makes it easier to choose them again as the only reason you go to them is in fact to have a good night’s sleep.
So why not have this 7-star quality in your very own home. Therefore, All Finer Things’ motto is Sleep Beautifully.
At All Finer Things we get the rolls of Egyptian Cotton and make each product with unique features only found with us.
Some manufacturers who want to make a quick profit often label lower quality sheets as Egyptian cotton products, purely because the cotton was produced or sold somewhere in Egypt.
If a product states:
- A ‘100% Egyptian cotton’ anything else is a blend and are of a much lower quality, no matter how much the percentage of Egyptian, or other long Fibre Staple cotton may have.
- Bedlinen must also have a thread count of 300 or above to ensure a comfortable, luxurious feeling. (High Fabric Hand)
- A higher price is a good indication, rather than a bargain, or cheap product, that it is likely to be genuine.
- A Really soft and strong fabric to the touch can add to the correct choice being made.
© All Finer Things 2021